Associate Professor, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
Visiting Scholar, Xiamen University
Biography / Academic Background
After graduating from Washington State University, Guo joined Wilfrid Laurier in the year 2008. Her collaborated work appears in journals including Accounting, Organizations and Society, Behavioral Research in Accounting and Contemporary Accounting Research. She has taught financial accounting and management accounting to undergraduate students and has taught and co-taught a few Ph.D. seminars. Prior to her academic career, she worked as an accountant in China Securities Depository & Clearing Corp. (Shanghai) and Construction Bank of China (Shanghai). She is a CPA, CMA and CGA.
Guo is interested in applying psychology and behavioral economic theories to understanding accounting issues. She uses experimental and survey methods to examine issues related to management control systems, work motivation and judgment & decision making using managerial accounting information.
Guo is currently co-supervising a couple of accounting PhD students at Wilfrid Laurier University.
· Guo, L., T. Libby and X. K. Liu. 2016. The effects of vertical pay dispersion: Experimental evidence in a budget setting. Forthcoming at Contemporary Accounting Research.
· Guo, L., D. Stone, S. Bryant, B. Wier, A. Nikitkov, C. Ren, E. Riccio, M. Shen, S. Trabelsi, L. Zhang. 2013. Are consumers’ financial needs and values common across cultures? Evidence from six countries. International Journal of Consumer Studies 37 (6): 675-688.
· Guo, L., B. Wong-On-Wing, and G. Lui. 2013. Input-based performance evaluation, incentive intensity, and proactive work behavior. Advances in Management Accounting 22: 185-223.
· Guo, L., B. Wong-On-Wing, and G. Lui. 2012. Motivational effects of linking incentives to different measures in strategic performance measurement systems: Implications for proactive strategic behavior. Advances in Management Accounting 20: 209-240.
· Wong-On-Wing, B., L. Guo, and G. Lui. 2010. Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation for participative budgeting: Antecedents and consequences. Behavioral Research in Accounting 22(2): 133-153.
· Wong-On-Wing, B., L. Guo, W. Li, and D. Yang. 2007. Reducing conflict in balanced scorecard evaluations. Accounting, Organizations, and Society 32(4-5): 363-377.